About Our School
Atlantic Avenue School is located at 21 East Atlantic Avenue in Haddon Heights, New Jersey. Mr. Christopher Ormsby is the Principal. He can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or reached by phone at (856) 547-0630. Approximately 150 students in grades Kindergarten through grade 6 attend Atlantic Avenue School.
Arrival and Departure of Students
In the interest of safety and order, it is important that children do not arrive at school in advance of the opening time in the morning. The interval between arrival time and opening time should not exceed ten minutes. Adherence to this regulation will ensure proper supervision of our children on school grounds. Pupils are not to arrive at school before 8:30 A.M. At that time, teachers will be on the playground to supervise the children. During inclement or extreme weather, pupils will be permitted to enter the building at 8:30 A.M. Students who leave the building for lunch should return at 12:50 P.M.
- 8:30 Students begin arriving on school property
- 8:40 Students begin entering the building from the playground and go to their classrooms
- 8:45 Classes begin ( All students that arrive after this time will be marked late and must be signed in by a parent or guardian)
- 11:25 Kindergarten Dismissal
- 12:00 Lunch Begins
- 12:50 Lunch Ends
- 3:00 Dismissal Grades 1-6
Early Dismissal Days: Students in grades 1-6 are dismissed at 12:45. No lunch is served. There is a social time built into the schedule and children may bring a nutritious snack. The PTG and /or Room mothers will sometimes sell pizza and water on these days.